Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Discussion] Panda Lore!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

[Discussion] Panda Lore! Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 am

So, I admittedly know very little about the Pandaren, especially regarding their lore and current standpoint in the Horde-Alliance conflict.
What I'm specifically interested in is how they are handling the conflict as a nation - whether there are three faction in the sense of Alliance-Horde-Neutral or whether the entire nation is divided between the two. Also, I'm curious how organizations such as the Shado-pan would handle that. Are they on the brink of a civil war? Are those who picked sides with Horde or Ally viewed as dissenters/traitors to the rest of the Pandaren?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://vanguardwra.forumotion.com
Gilthilas

Gilthilas

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

I haven't played through the starting area though from what it seems, there is a sense of three factions. The Huojin(?) Pandaren and the Tushui Pandaren, for Horde and Alliance, respectively, and then the pandaren of Pandaria. It seems like the pandaren of Pandaria are "neutral" or have chosen their own sides (Jade Forest, Honeydew Village going with the Horde, and the Alliance getting their own (Paw'don?) Village.) but the Shado-Pan as well as the other neutral factions have said specifically to not get them involved.

From what I can remember, also, of Blizzcon, Chris Metzen pushed the point that pandas, while on different sides of the battlefield, would still in no way be enemies. They would fight for their cause, and all of that nonsense, but when they met on the battlefield it would be more of a "Sup, bro!" kind of meeting.

So I'm feeling like there's a strong sense of racial pride amongst the Pandaren, and while they may choose a side depending on how they are swung, in the end they wouldn't let it come between them and their people. Which is understandable, considering this race has to be the most zen thing that exists, to have kept the Sha off their lawn for so long.
Back to top Go down
Caeleyn

Caeleyn

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Essentially what happens is that the Horde and Alliance crash on the wandering isle, injuring the turtle upon which they live. The Huojin (Horde) think they should blow the ship out of the turtle, the Tushui (Alliance) think that's a horrible idea and that the Huojin will regret what they did to the great turtle.

When you finish the area, your master tells you that it is not only their world that needs healing, but both the Horde and Alliance as well. He gives you the choice of which you desire to follow, and you are instructed to help heal the world.

When you join the Alliance, Varian tells you that you are not allowed to show mercy to the Pandaren who have joined the Horde. He can't risk "conflicted emotions", and he makes you swear your loyalty.

I feel like the oath we swear is more for the sake of peace. The Pandaren are here to help us, and the majority of them do not want to get involved in our 'race war'.
Back to top Go down
Vincien
Admin
Vincien

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

So the Pandaren who join the Horde and the Alliance respectively haven't joined in the same sort of way that the other races join. They're not out for blood or violence but restoration?

It would makes sense on why I haven't seen hide or hair of any quest in Pandaria where there's even mention of a Pandaren traitors or anything of the sort.

Though in a way I'd imagine there'd be some sort of uneasiness with these Wandering Isle Pandaren and them 'choosing a side'. I know the Shado'Pan were less then enthusiastic about the Horde and Alliance presence in Pandaria. Even if it may or may not be sha-influenced (since that's how the Panda's roll) I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of inner-conflict regarding some of their kind picking a side even if it was kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Gilthilas

Gilthilas

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Judging from all of it, it looks like general pandaren number #43028 is simply a peaceful member of alliance/horde society, and seeks to see the wars brought to an end. Though extremist panda #239 is an all out warrior who believes heavily in what the horde is doing and wants to get paws-deep in blood and war so that the war will end, but will end for the horde's favor.

I think it's a case by case basis, really, on the way the pandaren is, by nature, whether it be as a fighter or a peacekeeper, or simply a civilian chef (looking at every panda in that little halfhill market square.) That being said, I think each pandaren "that goes through the quests" and takes them IC, is essentially made to pick the lesser of the two evils, just so they have somewhere to call home, and don't end up being kicked out of both alliance and horde lands when they set foot in them.
Back to top Go down
Vincien
Admin
Vincien

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Though with the next coming patch, it seems more and more that anyone who is any kind of peacekeeper is going to be thrown completely to the wayside.

It's one of those things where I don't think it matters how zen or forgiving ]you are, if you're watching one of your own kind kill your comrades, especially Pandaren comrades, you'll probably begin harboring some kind of animosity.

The more I think on it the more I end up thinking like that. It may have begun as a mission to keep the peace and try to stop the war, but even if Pandaria factions themselves don't get split between the sides, it's impossible for animosity to not form between the Tushui and Huojin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Panda Lore!   [Discussion] Panda Lore! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Panda Lore!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vanguard :: Information and Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: