Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[The Gilnean Wall] Dreadpaw's Application - Approved

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dreadpaw

[The Gilnean Wall] Dreadpaw's Application - Approved Empty
PostSubject: [The Gilnean Wall] Dreadpaw's Application - Approved   [The Gilnean Wall] Dreadpaw's Application - Approved I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Vanguard Recruitment Application

Out of Character Information

Name: (First name is fine) Steve

Time Zone: Pacific Time (PST)

Characters: Dreadpaw, 89 Worgen Affliction Warlock, Wyrmrest Accord. I also play Arkanae on the Horde side, a Tauren Paladin.

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing World of Warcraft since May of 2005. I've been playing fairly regularly since then through all expansions.

What guilds have you been a part of in the past? What was your rank within them?

For this character, I've only been a member of The Duskmoon Pack. They're generally good people, but a little immature for my tastes. I don't think they'll ever grow beyond a small core group of people, and I'm looking for something a little broader than that.

What is your biggest goal for the Mists of Pandaria expansion?

My biggest goal is to complete all raid content and be a competent player across the board in all forms of gameplay.

Other than roleplay, what other aspects of the game do you enjoy?

I enjoy PVE as well as PVP. I do raid regularly on my Horde-side paladin main (Character name is Arkanae for reader's reference.) I used to heal often in PVP on my paladin, though the demands of my raid group there have asked me to drop Holy in favor of Retribution.

How much experience do you have with roleplay, both in-game and outside of it?

I've been roleplaying for at least 6 years in-game. I also make a record of my blogs for everyone to read (Link: http://wyrmrestaccord.org/blogs/arkanae) Outside of the game I've been roleplaying for about 8-10 years.

What does metagaming mean to you? Is it ever acceptable?

Metagaming by my definition is to assume a role of either a lore character, or to play a character whose actions cannot be challenged by other roleplayers ie. forced. It's something I'm not terribly fond of, considering I am a fan of those who like to roleplay characters with flaws and have more depth to them beyond what is seen on the surface.

What do you expect from The Vanguard, as a guild?

I'm looking for a solid guild to join. I expect that being active in the community also means partaking in events or simply lending a hand to guild mates who need my help. I'm willing to cooperate on all fronts in an effort to contribute to The Vanguard.

In-Character Application

Name: Bartholomew "Bart" Dreadpaw

Sex: Male

Place of Birth: Gilneas

Caste: N/A or Commoner

Unit in The Vanguard applied for?

Applying for The Gilnean Wall (The Wall)

Brief Appearance Description:

The raven and crimson-robed male worgen stands of average height. His build is rather average for one of his kind, his forearms bearing a modest build of muscle to them. Trace amounts of fel residue can be found by the naked eye on his robes, suggesting that he might be a practicing warlock. Upon further inspection, his eyes are a light hue of forest green built around sharp facial features.

On his back rests a black channeling staff, likely used to amplify his sorceries.

He does not appear menacing beyond what would be expected of a worgen, and shows no signs of hostility.

Brief History Description:

Bart spent many years wandering as a feral worgen. He's only recently recovered from the inoculation process. Though I shy away from most cliches, he's a bit of an amnesiac when it comes to his past. Over time he's come to recall his life before the curse, and currently he's trying to find a healthy balance between doing what it means to be human while still trying to understand his nature as a worgen. Generally he was just a commoner that was practicing the art of fel magic during a time in Gilneas where it was frowned upon.

Important Quirks:

Bart's fairly even tempered, so there shouldn't be any particular quirks to note. He's cooperative unless the current plan does not correlate with his own.

What do you have to offer to the Vanguard, and which contingent are you looking to join?

Fel magic is still a frowned upon art for the Alliance, and thus isn't practiced in-depth. Bart could be an asset to what end The Vanguard would need use of this art. It is as complete as any other, and offers utility that would easily be seen as advantageous to a unit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Vincien on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Amending the topic title!)
Back to top Go down

[The Gilnean Wall] Dreadpaw's Application - Approved
Page 1 of 1