Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Knight-Captain Nathaen Ballador [Character Biography]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

Knight-Captain Nathaen Ballador [Character Biography] Empty
PostSubject: Knight-Captain Nathaen Ballador [Character Biography]   Knight-Captain Nathaen Ballador [Character Biography] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 am

1. Your full name.
Nathaen Joseph Ballador

2. Occupation.
Shieldbearer, Templar

3. Residence.
Stormwind City, Kingdom of Stormwind

4. Birthdate.
February 2nd

5. Place of birth.
Theramore, Kingdom of Theramore

I. Childhood.
A. Describe the sort of area you grew up in.
I grew up in Stormwind, though I frequently traveled to Theramore as a child, which is where I was born. The estate we had in Stormwind was one of average size, with a large main building and several outbuildings. I was never wanting, and Stormwind was never unkind to me as a child.

B. Childhood friends and enemies and why.
Thoranid Duskborne was my best friend as a child, I not only grew up with him in Stormwind but attended all the same classes with him as a teenager. I still keep in touch, and we meet fairly often. Some things never change, and my friendship with him is one of those things. Another close friend of mine was Iaen Volandris, a noble my age whom lived in Theramore. I would only see him in the summer when we were kids, but after I moved there at eighteen I began to spend a lot more time with him.

C. Hobbies, sports played, etc.
As a child I spent a large portion of my time playing knights with my friends, and as such unknowingly spent large amount of hours fencing under the guise of playing pretend. My father encouraged this, of course, and in my youth I was put into formal training as a squire. I also attended classes in a large variety of arts. I developed an affinity for musical instruments, and still play the guitar, the lute, and the flute. Over time, I also learned to draw and that became something of a hobby and an outlet for thoughts I couldn't put words to.

D. Describe the type of homelife you had as a child.
My life as a child was not an unhappy one. I was never wanting for anything and my parents doted on me. Looking back, I can safely say that my mother was (and still is) a tad over-protective. Aside from moving around a lot and from my father's firm approach to my schooling, I had a fairly relaxed and enjoyable time as both a child and a youth.

II. Family
A. Father's full name.
Joseph Ambrose Ballador

B. Mother's maiden name.
Kathleen Amelia Garner

C. Brothers' names.
N/A

D. Sisters' names.
N/A

E. Any other relatives?
I have a cousin, Michael, on my mother's side. He currently resides in Stormwind with his wife.

III. Schooling.
A. Education received, and where.
Stormwind Academy - Full education until 15, specialized in military arts

B. Military Education
Stormwind City Guard - From 15 until 17, achieved private rank and was a reservist to the royal guard.

C. Arts, Specialties and other studies
Adam Langston - Training in the Light, further training as a shieldman. Achieved Knight-Lieutenant as a holy shieldman in Theramore's Bastion regiment.

IV. Life Experience.
A. What made you choose your present occupation?
It chose me.

B. What did you do before? List odd jobs, etc. How long held and what type?
I was a reservist and a private in the Stormwind Guard, for two years.

C. Describe any traumatic experiences in your present occupation that have affected you deeply in some way.
Rather not go here.

D. Who/what are your role models now and in childhood?
My father.

E. How do your relatives and friends view your present occupation?
My mother and father are both extremely proud of my guard affiliation and my station as a templar. My father was one, a knight of the Silver Hand, so I believe that there's nothing that they'd like me to be more than a paladin.

F. Who/what had the most personal direct influence on your life?
My captain in the Bastion. He not only influenced my combat style, but instilled me with the confidence I needed in order to find myself and be proud of who I am.

V. Skills.
A. What, in your opinion, do you do the best?
Turn heads. Beyond that, probably sing and play music.

B. How do you relax?
Smoking, drinking, drawing, and playing guitar.

C. What do you do that you would like to improve on?
There's always room for improvement in literally every aspect of my life.

VI. Personal.
A. Best friend.
Thoranid Duskborne

B. Worst enemy.
Haven't really got one, to be honest. Society, I suppose. Joking, of course.

C. What is your sexual preference, as far as gender goes?
Male

D. Current girl/boy friend, or most recent.
Most recent: Iaen Volandris

E. Is girl/boy friend an occasional date or steady? Are you lovers?
N/A

F. A far as you can tell, how does girl/boy friend view you?
N/A

G. Do you see yourself settling with your current partner?
N/A

H. Are you pure, i.e. virginal?
No.

I. Give a description of the type of place you live in, including a floor plan if possible.
I live in apartments in Stormwind at the moment, alone. Four rooms - a living room with a display case for my weaponry and two bookcases, a kitchen and dining area with state-of-the-art equipment, a large bathroom with a bathtub and a functioning water system, and an average sized bedroom with two armor stands, a night table, and an oversized bed. I have my own private courtyard outside, which is where I smoke.

J. What is your general reaction to an attractive member of the opposite sex who lets you know they are 'available'?
I laugh. I'm not interested in the opposite sex.

K. What is your code of honor?
Loaded question. Next.

L. Is there anything you absolutely will not do?
There's plenty I will not do. I will not kill without reason, and not in cold blood (outside of battle, and outside of the Horde.). I will not willingly injure friends or comrades, and I detest people who are bigots. I will never be one.

M. Do you have any fears or phobias?
Losing everything and everyone. Beyond that, dying alone. I'm terrified of illness, especially mental. I never want to lose my mind.

N. What are your weaknesses?
I'm a romantic and get a little bit too worked up over small things.

O. Describe your one 'great' love affair.
I've only had one real love affair and I wouldn't exactly call it great.

P. At present, what is the most important thing to you?
My family. They're all I've got.

Q. To what lengths would you go to achieve a goal?
Any I have to, within good reason.

R. List bad habits.
Putting high expectations on people, apathy in regards to people and subjects I dislike.

S. List personal quirks.
Not really sure what's meant by that.

T. List vices.
I love attention, and I'm vain. I have a horrible temper and I tend to treat people pretty nastily if they get on my bad side.

U. List good qualities.
I consider myself to be loyal, intelligent, friendly, and observant. I'm dedicated and I think before acting.

V. List favorite: color, food, clothing, weapons, drink, books, music, etc.
Black and azure; sandwiches; casual cloth pants with no shirt and no shoes; broadswords and hatchets, especially ornate ones; whiskey and scotch; fiction novels; any kind of music. I love music.

W. What morals do you have?
I don't think this is a very fair question. I hold myself to a high standard as far as morals go, and believe myself to be a good person. I really shouldn't have to say specifics.

X. Describe your general personality.
Pleasant, relaxed, fairly approachable. Indifferent to bullshit.

Y. Describe any personal tragedy. Give year, event, people, etc.
Theramore. I really don't feel like I need to explain this.

Z. Who is the last person you would like to run into? Why? What would be your reaction to them?
Frederick Halivess. I dated his daughter, got caught with someone I wasn't supposed to be with, and he was after my blood last time I asked after that family. My reaction would be to try and smooth things over.

VII. Occupational.
A. What was your greatest failure?
Not being in Theramore to fight for my home.

B. What was your greatest triumph?
Attaining Knight-Lieutenant with the Bastion. I was never more proud than I was the day I accepted the promotion in rank.

C. What have you done that was considered "outstanding" in your chosen occupation by others in the same field?
I personally don't believe I've done anything especially outstanding.

D. How do you get along with others in the same occupation?
I get along quite well with other soldiers, though I tend not to get along with other Light-wielders from Stormwind and other areas, given cultural differences and personal belief issues.

E. How important is success in your occupation?
Extremely important. If I do not succeed, I and others die.

F. What are your long term goals?
I will take up the standard of my father and work towards retaking what is ours. I will assist others in doing the same - for the Alliance, for my family, and for myself.

G. What are you willing to do to obtain these goals?
Anything I have to.

VIII. Travel.
A. Do you get: seasick, airsick, motionsick - auto or animal back?
I'm not fond of heights or the sea, but I can stomach both.

B. Do you like riding animals - horses, camels, etc.?
I love animals. I favor my destrier, though I will ride just about anything at least once.

C. Any fears about traveling?
Nope.

D. What steps would you take to travel overseas?
I would pester a mage for their teleportation magics. Barring that, I would purchase a ticket and get on a boat.

E. What sort of general equipment would you take, excluding personal items such as clothing?
I would go in full dress, armor, sword and shield. Depending on the method of travel and the reason for it, I would take a large variety of items that I might need. I pack efficiently.

IX. List anything else about yourself you think is important such as mannerisms.
I think that the most important thing about myself, that sets me apart from others, is my outlook on life. I'm a fairly happy person, and I really don't care much for the general attitudes or social traditions of my peers. Accept me for who I am, or leave me be, and I'll do the same. That sort of thing. Also, I suppose another cornerstone of my life are my religious beliefs. While many of my peers believe in the Light as grace incarnate, I personally believe that the Light is the grace of a higher power, lent to templars to accomplish the will of said higher power here on Azeroth. I believe in a pantheon of deities, and have dedicated myself to the one I believe blesses those of us deserving with the Light. I know others who share my belief, but many in Stormwind and even among the other races would likely disagree with what we believe. That, of course, is their perogative, and I keep my beliefs fairly quiet.

X. Physical.
A. Height
6'5"

B. Weight
244 lbs

C. Measurements
Large.

D. Clothing sizes
Uh...?

E. Hair color
Black

F. Hair length
Extremely layered, longest layers reaching my mid-back, though the bulk reaches no further than my armpits.

G. Eye color
Blue

H. Handedness
Ambidextrous, right-hand favor for weaponry

I. How attractive do you consider yourself?
I'm not everyone's taste, but I consider myself fairly attractive to those who have an affinity to the unusual.

J. Any birthmarks or scars noticeable to the general public? Where?
Nope.

K. Any birthmarks or scars hidden? Where?
A few scars on my torso, but nothing too noticeable. No birthmarks.

L. If your features were destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Tattoos, piercings, and likely dental records.

M. Do you wear any identifiable jewelry?
I have eyebrow piercings, a small ring on one nostril, snake-bite piercings on my lips, a pierced tongue, gauges and cuffs in both ears, and a host of other piercings. In addition I wear a cross on a metal chain, a possession of my father's, and a signet ring that belonged to my mother.

N. Do you have any tattoos?
Many. I have wings on my back, runes and artistic lines on my arms, and some work done on my sides as an extension.

O. What is your most valuable physical asset?
My build as a whole. My size makes me exceptionally good at my craft as a shieldman.

P. What sort of vocal tone do you have?
Tenor
Back to top Go down
https://vanguardwra.forumotion.com

Knight-Captain Nathaen Ballador [Character Biography]
Page 1 of 1