Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WRA Forums Guild Post

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

WRA Forums Guild Post Empty
PostSubject: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 am

The Vanguard - Alliance, WRA

The tavern's back room was bright, though lit only by the scant few candles the barkeep had provided. The tabletops were laced with parchments and ink, and the fire roared cozily within its hearth. It was the sort of setting that many would seek out on a such rain-filled night, to curl up in a comfortable chair with a good tome. Tonight, however, the storm inside far exceeded the rain pattering against the paned windows.

Several were in armor and several more wore the expensive clothing of the high caste. Some bore weapons, others needed only the spells they knew would come at a mere utterance. All were greatly involved in a heated debate and all were on edge with the thick tension the air carried. A decision would need to be reached, and need to be reached soon.

The voices could be heard, though not discerned, from outside the thick door. The main room of the tavern was often full, and this night was no exception. Over the roar of the occupants, should one have skilled ears, they might have heard the whispers of the staff.

“The Vanguard, again.”
“Do they not tire? Every week, it's the same bickering.”
“How do they accomplish anything when they fight so much?”
“What do you except from mixing fallen nobility and bitter soldiers? Fighting is probably all they have left.”

Before dawn, the mutterings of barkeeps and serving girls proved irrelevant. Those within the room emerged as the tavern closed down, a sea of conflicting colors and crests. Yet, despite that fact, the Vanguard walked as a single entity. Fallen nobles and bitter soldiers they indeed were, though even they could find common ground in the grief and regret only those with ruined lives could know.

Together they would build. Together they would grow. Together they would find vengeance and redemption alike, and the Horde would learn that 'fallen' doesn't necessarily mean 'eradicated'.

What is The Vanguard?

OOC Information
- We are a level 25 medium-to-heavy RP guild here on Wyrmrest Accord, Alliance-side. We strive to provide the highest possible quality RP and an equally friendly atmosphere.
- We organize and participate in world RPPvP events as well as RPPvE campaigns. We are always looking for Horde-side guilds or RP circles to bounce events off of; While we do not claim to be any sort of PvP guild, there's something amazing about turning a nice chunk of conflicted territory into a lovely bloodbath.
- We have a complex and involving political plot-line that can be sustained purely by the guild, however we are currently looking for other Alliance-side guilds with similar political stories to share with!
- We highly encourage people to bring forth their 'power characters' to add to the fray. We boast excellent IC/OOC separation and believe in having strong OOC communication throughout our various plots. We are all on the same page, we all know and embrace our rules. This is a safe environment to play niche concepts in, and any character alignment will find RP within our story to take part in.

RP Information
- We RP as a council of sorts, composed of the remnants of several nations under the Grand Alliance, both fallen and present. The 'ranks' are divided into units; each contingent carries it's own goals, beliefs, traditions, and world-views. There are soldiers and nobles, politicians and religious figures. Represented nations/areas include: Theramore, Gilneas, Lordaeron, Stormwind, Stromgarde and Ashenvale.
- We thrive on good IC drama. The storyline itself is brutal in nature; friends quickly become foes, rivals band together to take down common targets, debates and discussions have the potential to become violent. At every turn political agendas threaten to shake apart The Vanguard and the military divisions of each contingent are constantly seeking to one-up the others. Beneath surface conflict and resentment, a strong core remains intact. These people are bound together by oath for the purpose of vengeance. They need one another as much as they despise each other.

Who composes The Vanguard?

- Mature members with little tolerance for OOC drama.
- A tight-knit community of RP'ers, PvP'ers, and PvE'ers whom have been playing together for a long time. (In some cases more than five years)
- The original officer core is still intact; the guild itself was created in 2009 and has survived a server change and a recent faction transfer in its lifetime. It may not be quite 'established' yet, but it is stable and flourishing.

Common Questions and Further Information

A detailed explanation of each of the various contingents within The Vanguard as well as our full charter of rules can be found on our guild website. If you are interested in the guild in any regard, I highly suggest visiting the site below and having a look through our information.

The Vanguard website/forums: www.vanguardwra.tk

Question 1: Do you have an application?
Answer 1: Yes, you can find it on our website.

Question 2: Do I have to fill out an application?
Answer 2: Maybe. All IC members of The Vanguard must fill out an application. You will not be promoted out of the OOC rank until then. You can be admitted into the guild under the OOC rank without an application.

Question 3: Do you accept OOC members?
Answer 3: Current members may vouch for someone to be admitted into the guild on an OOC basis, or potential members may speak with the guild leader directly to discuss OOC placement within our ranks. We accept alts of members into the OOC rank as well, though any alts with RP outside the guild must meet our standards for lore adhesion.

Question 4: What are your raid times?
Answer 4: We will be running 10 man content on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 PM ST until 8:30 PM ST. As it stands we are currently seeking a resto/ele shaman or a resto/boomkin druid as well as one ranged DPS for our 10 man team, though we are always looking for more talented members with RPPvE interests! It is also worth noting that we are not a hardcore PvE guild by any means, and we do not allow elitist personalities to ruin our fun. That being said, despite being casual with our progression, we do take current content seriously and expect our raiding members to be geared, gemmed, enchanted, and knowledgeable for the content we are clearing.

Question 5: I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?
Answer 5: Both yes and no. We are new in the sense that we have recently transferred over from Horde. As such, we are very new to the Alliance community. The guild itself is not new (though the concept is) having transferred over alongside us.

Last edited by Nathaen on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://vanguardwra.forumotion.com
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 am

Questions, comments, complaints, corrections.
I am ready, Vanguard. Come @ me.
Back to top Go down
Marrlow

Marrlow

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:52 am

Question: Is this really as awesome as I think it is?
Comment: YES!
Complain: Where the fuck is the like button?
Correction: This is forums dummy, they don't put like buttons here. Comment like a normal person.

>.> Very Happy

I like it!!
Back to top Go down
Vincien
Admin
Vincien

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Correction! Stromgarde isn't mentioned among the units.

Other then that, it all sounds good. I really liked the IC part. I was trying to read it from as unbiased a perspective as possible. Y'know if I was on the outside reading it and I'd personally look into a guild with an ad like that. Well written, good sir. As always.
Back to top Go down
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Stromgarde correction has been made
Back to top Go down
Vincien
Admin
Vincien

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm

I am pleased.
Back to top Go down
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004035127

The show is now officially on the road.
Bump, my lovelies. Bump like you've never bumped before.
Back to top Go down
Marrlow

Marrlow

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 pm

...how?
Back to top Go down
Caeleyn

Caeleyn

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:23 pm

It has been bumped with the voluptuousness of my fierce weave.
Back to top Go down
Nathaen
Admin
Nathaen

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I went to go look upon our lovely thread... and was nearly overcome by the amount of awesome said weave contributed.
Back to top Go down
Marrlow

Marrlow

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 am

D-Do you like... have a legit weave?
Back to top Go down
Gilthilas

Gilthilas

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 pm

fiercest weave NA. rep it hard, bruh #alldayerrday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRA Forums Guild Post   WRA Forums Guild Post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WRA Forums Guild Post
Page 1 of 1